Yay, finally! I sat on these changes for quite awhile. Here's what has happened to the games.
Changes to Both Versions
- Dash buttons, and the control variants that DT3 allows for the dash.
- Fixed the input bug where your last action would sometimes be repeated when touching the ground immediately after taking damage.
- Note that the dash mechanics for forward and back dashing has changed a bit and is fairly identical for DT1 and DT2 now. They are not the same as DT3 though.
- Water Barrier now makes you invulnerable to projectiles, meaning you'll no longer take damage from projectiles that spawned on top of you while the shield is on. (For those trying to mitigate bullet storms via the shield.)
- Soothing Spring now also gives the same 10% damage resistance that Water Barrier does and they stack.
- Various equipment beads were changed, such as the Ribbon Bead making you completely invulnerable to status ailments.
- Spell/Ability costs re-balanced. They should be able to be used more often now.
- Omega Metroid segment isn't so dumb now.
- Shroud Lord hand laser spam spread has been greatly reduced.
- Time scores are no longer tracked by seconds and instead by frames. The game will migrate old scores to this new system.
- The Tetris level is no longer randomized! Rejoice!
- Claire has a few frames where she sticks to the wall when pressing away from it. This will help out a lot when trying to jump away from the wall.
- Wall jump/dash mechanics have also been tweaked. Such as pressing away from the wall will give a somewhat different jump than pressing toward the wall when jumping off of one.
The download links have been updated on each game's page. If you already have the games, that page also has an exe-only link again. If not, here's DT1 and DT2!
Note that if you're going to download just the exe for DT1 and DT2, that the games do have the color pulse sounds from DT3. If you've got that game, just copy DT_ColorPulseA.wav and DT_ColorPulseB.wav from the DT3 sound folder and copy it to the previous games. Quicker download if that matters to you.