- A few more of those jumbled text issues that appeared in 3.0. I think I got them all this time.
- Some possible freezing issues with the sliding doors late in the game.
- A few level design 'blehness' areas. (There's actually quite a few minor tweaks here and there, so I won't list them all.)
- A crash bug with a certain encounter in Windy Slopes.
- 3 late game bosses had minor adjustments.
- A bit of time has been added to a certain timed sequence very very close to the end. I highly recommend the update for this one. The sequence seemed to be too much of a close call and didn't allow for that many errors on the players part.
As before, an exe only link is provided, this time in the downloads section.
And a screenshot since there has not been one for awhile.
|What sort of trouble are they getting into now?|
So yeah, Ninja Gaiden 3, I was playing that, and then suddenly something happened... I saw something, I thought it was just my imagination, or that I was doing really well or, NOPE, the game has regenerating health. Not only that, it has been reduced to easily stun locking everything and multi-killing everything before it has a chance to even look at you.
Now I haven't finished the game, but I have yet to die... once. I think I'm fairly decent at games overall, but I know I'm not THAT good at Ninja Gaiden. The first game tosses me around like a rag-doll. It's incredibly easy... no wait, it's not Ninja Gaiden. You really can't say Ninja Gaiden and easy in the same sentence, but this has happened now. It's not the lack of losing, even without that, you can still 'feel' when something is pushing you. The game also lacks any depth that the first two had and just comes out to be this shallow mess. Everything can be dealt with by just pressing one button with no further thought put into it. I've tried the hardest setting the game gave to me at the time, it's still nothing and still incredibly bleh. The game is all visuals pandering to the casual market.
Why, WHY does it have regenerating health? You'll barely get hit in it anyway! It has too much modern gaming garbage thrown into it where it doesn't belong. They're trying too hard to feed it to the masses that couldn't play the other ones. Once again, I'll say it. Screw them, there are plenty of games for everyone out there, and they're also great, but Ninja Gaiden should not be one of those games.
It also tries way too hard to throw the story in your face when you really don't and won't care about it. Remember the first two with its really short sequences that got to the point? Yeah, I do too...
Oh yeah and it has quick time events... EVERYWHERE... omg, they are all over the place.
Oh well, at least there is this.
P.S. (Wait I have those in this?) I seem to really enjoy coding enemies with partial shields in DT3. Those Spin Bots aren't the only thing with external shields. Also, enemies with full frontal defense, including from melee attacks is a thing in DT3. (Don't forget about those explosive weapons.)