I'll be handing off the new version to the testers in a few days. There are quite a few new resources to get, especially music files. I'll upload the newest version like I used to, with an exe-only and full download for first timers (or those that lost their old files). There will also be a separate download with all the new resources for those that don't want to have to get the full file again.
Partial patch notes of what's to come
- Contact(Direct) and Trap damage is now shown to the player via an icon when it occurs.
- Air dashing will now cancel Mario bumper momentum completely just like the double jump does.
- New Ability
- Spring ball is now an optional item found in Gate 5 - Main Hub.
- Morph ball can no longer be canceled with the jump button.
- Ending sequence changes
- Game Over no longer occurs when falling off during the final escape sequence. Instead, Chao brings the player back to a nearby stable platform.
- All ending cutscenes, including the credits, can be skipped.
- It is highly advised to revisit the epilogue scene shown after the credits.
-And of course, because it's not a secret anymore, and what everyone's waiting for; A new set of events have been added. (And 4 new bosses, yes 4, not 3 like I said originally, though only 3 of them are coming to the boss gallery.)
A bug fix
- Blackmoor will no longer rise above the level.