Edit: Looks like we'll be getting 'charging weapon' sound effects next patch.
Patch Notes (Version 188.8.131.52)
This one happened quicker than I expected. The biggest reason for it going out is to fix more crashes for potato machines, but there are a few other misc changes that might interest some of you.
- Equipment Change [Golden Shield]: It no longer awards 7 Game Power back upon a successful parry, but instead extends the parry window of opportunity by 1 frame.
- You guys all know of the subtle bounce effect after hitting an enemy with a melee attack in the air. There was a 2 frame hover time that has been extended to 6, which will allow more control of these.
- The next wave timer for the Ch.16 event is now displayed on screen instead of at the base flag.
- The first wave of the Ch.16 event now has the proper 30 seconds instead of the 15 seconds.
- More crash fixes for lower end machines.
- 3 additional birds were added. This time to the bridge map in Central City, but they only show up after Ch.10.
Jeremy and myself have been very interested in The Division. (Despite it being a Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy's game) Though the closer to its release, the less interested I became. Jeremy had pre-ordered it, and seemed to like it. Then its open-beta occurred and actually proved me wrong on how I felt about the game's dark zones. If you know anything about the game, then you know all about those. I figured they'd be a cluttery shitfest, but they weren't, which is a huge plus for me. It has the right amount of pvp and periodic cease-fires.
What I didn't know, but that the game lets you know the moment you start it, is that it's a cover-based shooter. I'm really not a fan of the sticky wall syndrome of cover-based shooters. I tend to find it clunky and unwieldy, usually preferring more loose systems of simply letting me crouch like in say Planetside or Borderlands. That said, I found the cover system in The Division by Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy The Division to actually do well at what its supposed to do.
I'm not sure how long Tom Clancy's Clam Tomcy's The Division will last as far as popularity goes, or for myself, but Jeremy and the open beta have convinced me to play. It has a Borderlands style loot system and possibly having pvp be a bit much on the gear-based side. Though when Jeremy and myself took out people who way out-geared us (though they weren't very good either) I found that wasn't too bad, especially when the dark zone tries to keep people who are within certain levels of each other. If you're going to play it, get a friend. It is not all that fun alone I find.
Oh yeah, I don't like shooters. No really. I don't. Planetside doesn't count.