Edit: (May 20, 2012) There we go, DT1 updated... AGAIN!! D:
This actually has a number of changes. The biggest one, which everyone asked for;
- A boss replay mode, which unlocks after the game is completed on any setting. You'll be able to replay any boss on any setting from the boss mode, which can be reached from the title screen. You'll see instructions on-screen.
- The Shroud Lord had a small change. Some of you may remember the crazy laser sequence near the end of the encounter. If you dropped his HP down too low, it would spawn in a permanent laser from the phase after, that has been fixed. That laser spam sequence should make a lot more sense now.
- A few things are prettier, such as the '1 pixel off ' bugs in the skill menu were fixed. The near death red screen corner blood things... or whatever, are fuzzier now.
- The Vamp Bead has been changed from regenerating '1 HP per 150 damage dealt' to '1 HP per 40 damage dealt'. That's a 320% boost! Should be a lot more useful now. (Too bad you don't get it till right at the end.)
- Water Barrier lasts 1/6 seconds (5 frames) longer cause I just couldn't go without changing it, it would almost be a crime now to not do so.
Oh man, all the added content only increased the compressed file size up by 0.09kb. Code is cheap.
Edit: (May 18, 2012) The next DT1 update (which will come in a day or so) will have a boss replay mode which unlocks after the game is completed on any setting. It's not a boss rush mode nor does it keep any records. It's simply a place in the game that allows you to retry any boss on any difficulty. After completing the game, you can press the [P] key on the title menu to go to it. The game will also inform you about how to get into it. This seemed to be in high demand. Anyway, back to DT3...
Now I'm suddenly thinking of Lemina from Lunar 2.
My daily schedule and stuff to do will be changing, starting tomorrow. I don't know if it's going to leave me with less time for hobbies or not just yet. If so, I don't think by that much.
|That HUD will be reworked later.|
As the image shows, wall sliding (and wall jumping) make a return. It's not in the game's overall design to have it, but I did want a place for it. Seeing how there's a Gate level based off MMX... well yeah. It will be exclusive to that Gate. Since the levels don't need to be designed like they were in DT2, I've got a lot more freedom with the wall jump this time. DT2 levels all had to be designed for the player to able to speed through them, (aside from Room 2-3B.) as well as being able to chain every enemy. (You can actually chain all of 2-3B, it's just very hard.)
Air dashing makes a return as well, but not in this Gate. I didn't want to give it to the player here and then take it away for the next chapter and a half until it's actually gained, so to make up for no air dashing, which was a huge thing when used in tandem with wall jumps in DT2, the player can dash off walls when sliding. Same with wall jumps, dashing off walls can only be done in this Gate. It also consumes dash energy, though since it doesn't give quite as many invincibility frames as a normal dash, it only uses 3/4 of a bar. (You'll still need a full bar active to use a wall dash.)
That level above is going to take awhile to make due to the background tiles. Fun fun. Also since the full game isn't going to be released till after the end of the world, I'm going to wait a bit and include the very beginning of Chapter 8 for the last DT3 demo update. (Also I'd like to fix up some minor things for Chapter 7.)
Something something, ponies, something.